Wednesday, May 15, 2013

in death there is life.....

Bittersweet times for Allen and I this week. Today we laid to rest Allen's beloved grandfather of 93 years and just two weeks shy of his 61st anniversary with Allen's grandmother June. Anyone who knows the Davis family knows they are quite close  and Frank Sr was clearly loved by his children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I wish I had known him more in his younger days as its my understanding he was quite the character and quite accomplished in life. I am thankful that Tyler has been blessed to know great-grandparents as mine passed long before I was born. 

And here we are now about to have this baby girl. Some might say is a shame that she'll never get to know him like her brother and cousins. I say, but she will. In life there is death, and in death also life. It is bittersweet that we say so long to one family member, however we are so blessed to welcome a new one. And she will know him. He will watch over her and protect her just as he will with the rest of the Davis family. For we shall all meet again in the afterlife with The Lord. 

Rest in peace Grandpa Davis. Forever loved, forever remembered. We love you!

No comments: